Monthly Archives: March 2010
18 March 2010, Thursday – A special olympics was held at Padang Balapan Stadium Berakas. Sports activities started in the morning, and the official opening was held in the afternoon. Organizations, Associations and Centres associated to people with special needs were involved and participated in the event. The official opening started with a parade of the participants and volunteers in the special olympics.
More pictures of the event is available on my facebook:
- 1st Day Part 1
- 1st Day Part 2
- 1st Day Part 3
- 2nd Day Part 1
- 2nd Day Part 2
- 3rd Day Part 1
- 3rd Day Part 2
- 3rd Day Part 3
Opera Mini 5 is and Opera Mobile is now Available!
Among the enhancements in new version are: Read the rest of this entry
7th March 2010, Sunday – A Briefing on the Special Olympics was held to inform parents, teachers and relatives of special kids to participate the special olympics. Among the attendees were teachers and students from Pusat Bahagia Tutong.
Among the topics the speaker talked about were:
- To not be berated about participating the special kids to the Special Olympics, as this might be an opportunity for those kids to do things that other “normal” kids nor adults do.
- How some special kids had the opportunity to compete regionally as well as internationally.
- How some special kids are at times better in physical sports than most normal kids, citing a special kid that was running with the Olympic torch at a speed of 8 minutes per kilometer. (That’s about 2 round and a half of the running track in 8 minutes)
- How participating might lead to other opportunities such as a previous special kid was invited to, and participated in climbing up Mount Kinabalu.
- The speaker called more special kids in Tutong to represent, as previously there has only been 5.
It was informed that Training for the special olympics will be held at Sekolah Menengah Berakas on Friday Morning starting from 12 March 2010.
Any interested parent or guardian can send their special kids for training and apply for their kids to participate in the Special Olympics.
6 March 2010, Saturday – Being a part time teacher at Pusat Bahagia Tutong, I was invited to watch a movie with them sponsored by Qlap Cineplex. I did not manage to join them, but I did take pictures of them going out of the cinema, and walking around at the Qlap mall. There were a lot of students of Pusat bahagia from different districts. The movie they watched was “Adnan Sempit”.
More pics can be found http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=124775&id=550578077&l=c65d248942