Daily Archives: 2010/04/11
I’m climbing Kinabalu this week. I’m climbing with the other LiveWIRE Business Network Members. We have been practicing the past few months at Tasek Lama, Shahbandar and other Hiking trails every week. I just hope the training is enough to climb up 4,095 m (13,435 ft) up in the air. To give some perspective, Shahbandar and Tasek Lama is only 200 m high. Check out one of the Training tracking records using endomondo
The plan for the climbing is as follows:
- 13th April 2010 – Meet at The mall, gadong and leaving Brunei for Kota Kinabalu. When we get there, we either rest or walk around, then sleep in hotel.
- 14th April 2010 – Going off to the Kinabalu National Park, Rest there one night.
- 15th April 2010 – Climb up to Laban Rata, the resting point in the middle of the mountain. Gonna rest early like 7 or 8 pm to wake up for the climb the next day.
- 16th April 2010 – Start climbing to the summit at 2 am. expecting to arrive at the summit before sunrise. Walking back down to laban rata and having lunch, then continue to the foot of the mountain, and going back to Hotel.
- 17th April – Going back home to Brunei! hopefully with a sense of a great achievement!
Here’s a picture of the Mountain that I get from wikipedia/wikimedia.
Isn’t that view majestic… and to think I’m going to climb that thing!
At the end of the trip I think I’ll talk about Goal Setting.
Every wednesday afternoon on a school day, Pusat Bahagia often have a walkathon/jogathon. This time there was a pocho-pocho dance before the run.
I enjoy the runs/walks. And I’m beginning to see some truth in the forest gump movie… Some of these kids just don’t understand being tired 🙂