Daily Archives: 2015/01/01
What I find worth it to pay for endomondo premium is I can look at my statistics. At the end of the year I am looking at:
- Total Workouts (How many times I have exercised)
- Total Distance (How far)
- Average Speed
I have spent most of the year running. I trained a lot in the beginning of the year, due to signing up for putrajaya half ironman. unfortunately, I think I did not record most of my swim training (it is not automatic), either that, or I think I was really focused on improving my run and my cycle. my cycling dropped as soon as I finished my ironman. but I picked up again 3 months later. at the end of the year, I started to cycle to work, and I ran before my swimming classes at night. which increased my frequency. But it may have not improved my performance. So let us look at…
Even though I didn’t do as much cycling than running. I cycled further than I did running (i cover more distance in the same amount of time in running). Building up the distance was important for me in the ironman. But did I spent more time in cycling than running?
apparently I did not spend more time cycling than running. I thought I did. But looking back at my slowest pace I was running 21km just under 3 hours. and I was usually cycling 40 km in 2hours. So at this point it seemed at the end of the year, I had more workouts but I spent less time and went less distance. So I wanted to look at…
I removed swimming due to some funny data I need to look into, also didn’t submit my record much. Unfortunalely it seemed that my average pace was only better in the beginning of the year. So it seems for me that Duration and Distance is a key to improving my average pace. But I have to admit that in the end of the year, even though I have increased frequency, yet lowered by distance and time, I rarely pushed my self. According to interval training, I should see some improvements. But I really dislike pushing myself so much in intervals. So I might just stick to increasing my distance/time. But if I don’t have the time, I might just need to push myself during those short workouts.
I would like to end this post by highlighting my personal bests in terms of distance/speed/time of 2014:
- Running 5km – 24:46 in June
- Running 10km – 58:23 in July (night runs)
- Running 21km – 2:19:43 in June
- Cycling – 28:84 during the half ironman.
Things to do in 2015
- increase my speed and buy an expensive bike – looking at graph my speed for cycling at the end of year is not much different from beginning of year. despite less distance. I am considering to purchase an expensive bike just to get that 10% improvement. But I am listening to an advice by a cyclist (thanks fabian) that I am going to stick with my current cheap bike until I reach my target of 30km/hr for within 30km or 1 hour, before I buy those expensive bike.(I might just look for second hands that cost under 1k).I might need to join a few cycling competitions or events (gasp) just to get more feel of their pace …. 😐
- I gotta do a full marathon in 2015 before I even do a full ironman. (I feel confident I can do it again though). I probably need to do it overseas. not much if any in brunei.2014 had only once.
- Do a full Ironman. Need to increase my ability to cycle from currently 100km to 180km.
- Lose Fat weight – currently 95kg. at least down to 85kg. but according to a height of 179cm. I should weigh at most 79kg. but 85 is good enough for me for now. I might need to drink less during runs, and might be easier for my to cycle uphill.
I need to come up with a plan… I think I will update more on these targets on my cycling and running categories post.
Here’s to a healthy, fit and fast 2015. Happy New Year!
I arrived home and sat in the car for a while and pondered at what has happened for me this year. I saw facebook.com/yearinreview and found that I have not posted a lot of pics of what happened to me this year, and so it didn’t reflect very well of what I have done this year. Instead I decided to write what has happened to me and other important things that happened that I felt I could look into. The good, the bad, and lessons learnt.
The Good and the great
- Did the Putrajaya half ironman in April. It was suggested to me in December 2013, I joined and trained for 4 months till the event and did it all under the cut off times. During my training, I achieved personal bests in cycling and running.
- Busy with work from January to June. Organized SME Run, Organized the Launching of the LiveWIRE Brunei Business Awards, along with conducting the Business workshops for BEES and LiveWIRE Brunei.
- July, I tried my hand again in selling waffles at the Ramadhan Stalls.
- August, went to singapore to take up Landmark Advanced. Really expanded my reality box. Really kicked me in the head with the idea that integrity is the key to success (doing your best to do what you say you are going to do) especially about making money, and opened up the possibility that I can be a key to world peace (seriously, but still trying to figure it out) Met up with a few friends while I was there.
- September – Started a project that got me almost a thousand dollars. (to replace the money I lost, see the bad in august). My Night Business Class, and my night swimming classes.
- Continued with my swimming class to add to my Monthly income. Additionally, pulled my wife into it, and now she is getting more students than I am. Pays to be a female instructor.
- November. Started waking up really early cycling to work.
- December. Training a friend to run. and Increasing my hiking activities again with a few friends.
- MH370 was lost. It still amazes at this day and age the airlines have not deployed a tracking system for crashed planes. there were two other notable plane accidents for 2014. Despite the accidents, the statistics still show flying is a safe way to travel. especially when you compare to other transports.
- I Did not manage to join the panaga triathlon this year. Additionally did not manage to join the Serawak Triathlon this year as well due to a small but significant injury to my big toe from moving tables and chairs.
- A few notable deaths this year. globally, robin williams. closer to home is found out an old class mates son passed away.
- Lost my wallet when I arrived in singapore to take up landmark advanced. lost 1,200 dollars, and spent a few more money to replace my cards. Good news, this event and the training I went through pushed me even more to start money making projects.
- Cracked my ipad and phones (yes phones, my normal one and backup), and then my phone broke down, and then my ipad mini got stolen. really started to think I was cursed at this point.
- Got a new phone (why is these here? wait for it…) and then broke it withing 10 days. a waterproof phone is not really water proof.
- Dealing with Loss. hearing of accidents and deaths around got me to think about it. Broken and then stolen iPad gave me an insight on how I would personally deal with loss, almost like someone you care was gone. (seriously, it was that bad), and a work colleague’s car was stolen, and her experience and reaction concurred with what I felt. (I feel I need to right a bit more on this in the near future)
- I need to share more of what I know. All the knowledge and skill I have is doing nothing if it is not being used or shared.
- I can seriously make money out of the things I love to do, including sharing what I know.
Here’s to 2015
Happy New Year! 🙂