Monthly Archives: March 2017
the local insurance company recently provided an insurance product to cater for the cyclists in Brunei.
All risk takaful for Bicycle in Brunei.
eligibility, for bicycles:
- less than 6 years
- priced above $1,000
- bicycle owners in Brunei Darussalam
- accidental damage
- fire and theft (with forcible entry)
- loss or damage from collission or overturning
- located in Brunei Darussalam
the following pdf is a clarification of the terms and conditions of the insurance.
for more info, go the website at https://takafulbrunei.com.bn/other_products_individual/
I know a few people complain about cyclists on the road. And I keep on reminding them that the road is to be shared by everyone, including the cyclists. Especially since some bikes are named as “Roadbikes”.
Included here is a pdf from the AGC on the road rules concerning Roadbikes.
- Towing not permitted.
- Restriction on number of persons carried.
- Riders to give signals. (slowing down palm face down up and down, turn to indicate with the relevant hand with palm facing front)
- Signals to be made in sufficient time.
- Travelling abreast prohibited. (generally right of cars, right of pedestrians and other cyclists is allowed)
- Bicycle to be ridden on the left side of road. (this kinda proves bikes are allowed)
- Load on bicycle. (no extra load then is designed)
- Bicycle to be ridden in orderly manner.
- Lights to be carried by bicycles during darkness. Restrictions on nature of lights. (white light in front, red light at the back)
- Wearing of protective helmets. (shall wear, but the rule after that makes it sound like a must…)
some of the rules are also embedded into the road traffic rules that applies to all road users in http://www.agc.gov.bn/AGC%20Images/LOB/PDF/Cap68subRg1(2.8.07).pdf