I was observing the Moon Eclipse tonight (4 april 2015, 8pm brunei time), from a place that had a few crowds hanging out and walking by, I looked around and it seemed most people were unaware of what was happening. not looking to the sky. The last time I saw the moon eclipse was a few years ago in KK in December 2011. It was a similar environment. Something incredible was happening. Our shadow, earth with us on it, was blocking the sun’s direct light from reaching the moon, at ironically the position that can also be the fullest and the brightest for the moon. If we wand yet not a lot were appreciating it.
The last time I saw it I felt the same awe that I feel now. It was around the time I made the pivotal decision to change my health and fitness. I was 110kg then, I went as far as 90kg last year (now I’m up a bit to 95kg, but I’ll work on it again) and able to do a half ironman where I swam 1.9km, cycled 90km, ran 21km. There are things happening around us, opportunity is abound. and yet most of us are not open to it. Like the uncommon moon eclipse (moon eclipses are more common than sun eclipses). Life opportunities are quite common. Great opportunities come once in a while. Only a few of were aware of it. Few of use will take the time to find about it, and then take the time to make it to appreciate it.
For me the awe is still there. Understanding of how a full moon eclipse happens. How small we are compared to the earth, moon and sun… to the universe. and yet how important we can be to each other, near and far. How one event can be observed and affected by millions of individuals. How each one of us can take the opportunity to make something happen in our lives. To catch that moment. Reminds me of my understanding of the islamic concept of fate – qada’ and qadar. There are events that are fixed in the universe, and then there are events that man has the choice and ability affect. The full moon is a preset event, while the human ability to predict it, to observe it is a choice. Life opportunities are less likely to be predicted, but they can be anticipated, and we can prepare ourselves for that event. We don’t have to just allow events to past us by, we can observe it, we can study it, or we can appreciate it, in some cases. We can create it or create something with it.
This time my pivotal change is more on contribution and financial gains. I have gone far from the last moon eclipse, from losing weight to being able to do a half ironman. I look forward to see the next full moon and look back to my life from the this full moon eclipse. Everything is already set into motion, I would like to be prepared, be there when an opportunity happens. Once in a Blue Moon? How about Once in the eclipse of a full moon?
Heheh, funny how I feel more awe about a moon eclipse than the earth’s revolution around the sun. The Universe is Unimaginably Vast, The Creator truly is Great 🙂
Closing thoughts, If we on earth is experiencing a moon eclipse, the moon is experiencing an earth eclipse. Think about it.
A while back I was researching into the rare cases of heart attacks in runners. The most classic in point was the legend of the marathon runner, Pheidippides.
I read through the wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pheidippides, which lead me to an article on sudden death in athletes, to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_death_(athletes)
It seemed that these articles referred to defects that were never diagnosed. In 2012, I saw a TedX video by a Cardiologist runner, explaining that too much running may be unhealthy.
Recently this research popped up again with Dnews.
it basically mentions the same thing, more details were available in the Tedx talk.
I love running, If I can I would do it everyday, But according to research, I might need to drop it down a notch. Darwin was wrong, it is not the survival of the fittest, it is the survival of the moderately fit.
Based on this research, now most of my workout is often not to vigourous, maybe once a week is speed work, once a week long relax run, everything else in moderation, but at least one rest day a week. Generally runners still live 6 years longer than non-runners. But everything in Moderation. I would like to attain and maintain 10km under 1 hour.
I don’t need to run fast, I just need to run, I see myself running even when I am above 60 years. Hope to see you running then 🙂
Finally, I found a cure for my the periodical stuffed nose. Strangely it involves holding my breath. I hope this information is useful for other people who has the problem, try it out, it feels amazing 😀
I was really desperate last night when I couldn’t breath through my nose comfortably, so I asked my wife to heal me energetically using pranic healing. It only helped a bit. But during the healing process, my mind actually thought of googling for a solution to my ailment. so after the healing process ended, I opened up the computer and search for the cure.
to my surprise I found it in a forum by Steve Pavlina. the first forum was at
Here’s an excerpt.
This is the simple exercise that has helped me so very much. If anyone here happens to have a stuffy nose, please try it out share how well it worked.
1. Breathe out. Hold your nose and close your mouth.
2. Hold your breath until it starts getting a bit uncomfortable. It’s faster if you walk around a bit. Nodding your head back and forth works too.
3. Keep your back straight and unplug your nose, keeping your mouth closed. Breathe as slowly as possible. You should feel your nose gently clearing out.
its essentially holding my breath to increase my carbon dioxide levels. kinda like when I hold my breath underwater.
Which lead me to a whole new paradigm shift about breathing. It is called buteyko method. Basically, we need a balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide. I’m taking my time to research this. Looks like the answer to most of my other periodical ailments, and explains why exercising clears them up.
check the articles out at http://www.normalbreathing.com/art-stuffy-nose-clear.php
I love the following quote from the website:
“The perfect man breathes as if he is not breathing.”
-Lao-Tzu, father of Taoism
I would like to take this time to note what I have learned in landmark forum in this blog. This is to remind myself and others what we have learned from landmark forum, as well as to share with others so that they may be open to take up landmark forum.
But first I would like to assure the organizers that I will not reveal too much of the course. I believe what I share will urge people to be inspired or moved. And if they would like to join Landmark forum, then it would be a bonus for both those people as well as the Landmark forum. There is more value in understanding these words through the forum, then just reading them from this blog. Words in brackets note where I have heard or read something similar before. but I admit that after attending this course I have a deeper understanding of them and their proper applications in life.
- Have Integrity – Part of Integrity is being Authentic to others as well as yourself, especially your word. (Your word is your wand, Laws of Success)
- Separate Facts and Interpretations – Life happens. How you interpret it, and how you interpret other people’s interpretations has affected your beliefs and actions. Once you accepted this and let go of your past and persistent interpretations, you are open to new possibilities in life and take charge of how you see things in life. (REBT – Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy)
- Be aware of “IT” – “IT” is a part of human nature that can be described of Inner chatter. “IT” often stops you from doing anything. If you do nothing you will definitely fail, but if you do something you will have a chance to succeed (Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor on “stroke of insight” and Eckhart Tolle on “A new earth“)
- Be, Do and Have – People often want certain results, and they do actions to create this results, but they only do actions based on their view. But being open to a bigger picture, allows people to have more options and choose the right actions. (Bruce Lee)
- Be aware of Rackets or Persistent Complaints – Complaints that come with fix way of being causes people to lose ownership of their life, and sacrifice their Life to satisfy “IT”. So let go of “IT’s” interpretation, and gain full life. Accepting events does not mean condoning it. (Eckhart tolle on “a new earth”)
- Issues in your life may affect other parts of it. e.g. family conflict can affect love relationships or working performance, and vice versa.
- Change Versus Transformation
- Truth about life that will give you power
- Meaning of Life (My own introspections and self reflection. I thought I had the answer before, but I didn’t, and now I do)
For the points that have no brackets are were new to me, and yet it may have been present through out history as the tools successful people have used intentionally or inadvertently to become powerful and remarkable. Please Comment if you want.
Patient, Loving and Compassionate,