On 26th June 2010, there was suppose to be a video recording for Hari Raya at Pusat Bahagia. The student were already dressed up for the recording. But the Video Recording People had to cancel. Well, there will be a next time. Meanwhile didn’t everyone looked and dressed nice. 🙂
Every wednesday afternoon on a school day, Pusat Bahagia often have a walkathon/jogathon. This time there was a pocho-pocho dance before the run.
I enjoy the runs/walks. And I’m beginning to see some truth in the forest gump movie… Some of these kids just don’t understand being tired 🙂
7th March 2010, Sunday – A Briefing on the Special Olympics was held to inform parents, teachers and relatives of special kids to participate the special olympics. Among the attendees were teachers and students from Pusat Bahagia Tutong.
Among the topics the speaker talked about were:
- To not be berated about participating the special kids to the Special Olympics, as this might be an opportunity for those kids to do things that other “normal” kids nor adults do.
- How some special kids had the opportunity to compete regionally as well as internationally.
- How some special kids are at times better in physical sports than most normal kids, citing a special kid that was running with the Olympic torch at a speed of 8 minutes per kilometer. (That’s about 2 round and a half of the running track in 8 minutes)
- How participating might lead to other opportunities such as a previous special kid was invited to, and participated in climbing up Mount Kinabalu.
- The speaker called more special kids in Tutong to represent, as previously there has only been 5.
It was informed that Training for the special olympics will be held at Sekolah Menengah Berakas on Friday Morning starting from 12 March 2010.
Any interested parent or guardian can send their special kids for training and apply for their kids to participate in the Special Olympics.
6 March 2010, Saturday – Being a part time teacher at Pusat Bahagia Tutong, I was invited to watch a movie with them sponsored by Qlap Cineplex. I did not manage to join them, but I did take pictures of them going out of the cinema, and walking around at the Qlap mall. There were a lot of students of Pusat bahagia from different districts. The movie they watched was “Adnan Sempit”.
More pics can be found http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=124775&id=550578077&l=c65d248942