Category Archives: Food
I know its comparing animals but tempted to think these life extending factors can apply to human lifespan.
- frigid cold environments causes lower heartbeat and metabolism, can be achieved by living in cold places and doing not too much activities. Not sure if I am willing to move and live in a colder environment. Although I do love swimming relaxed in the cold water like a whale.
- As much low activities may be low heartbeat and low metabolism. Studies have shown that people who exercise tend to get lower resting heart rates than those who are sedentary. High intensity exercises may increase metabolism. I guess I can focus on long slow endurance when I do swimming, cycling and running.
- Fasting does lower metabolism. I don’t eat as frequent anymore. Fasting during the month of ramadhan may help once a year, but I practice intermittent and water fasting more often on other months throughout the year as well. Although I may lose weight on this and negate the size factor later…
- Evolution and Genetics, these is unfortunately the luck of the draw, interestingly, there are genetic therapies being developed, potentially we can identify the genes that are responsible for ageing and extend our life by altering them. Lets see if this happens in our life time.
- healthy immune system, these is also partly genetic, but also on how well we avoid getting sick and in addition recover from them. Medicine has come a long way in assisting us to these very well. Let’s just hope the germs don’t win the biological war against us.
- bigger size, partly genetic, partly nutrition. The bigger the organism the less predator they have, in addition, metabolism can be lower as the body does not need to produce heat too much to maintain body temperature. May also allow bigger animals to eat less per body weight, which lowers the metabolism again. Although my fasting might reduce my weight and thus reduce the size effect.
Dr. Anita Simon (M. D. Pediatrician). *Finally Good News For Diabetes.*
Hope you can forward the below message to help some one who needs this info…!
A woman (65) was diabetic for the last 20+ years and was taking insulin twice a day. She used the enclosed homemade medicine for a fortnight and now she is absolutely free of diabetes and taking all her food as normal including sweets.
The doctors have advised her to stop insulin and any other blood sugar controlling drugs. I request you all please circulate the email below to as many people as you can and let them take maximum benefit from it.
AS RECEIVED :
_*DR. TONY ALMEIDA*_
(Bombay Kidney Speciality expert) made the extensive experiments with perseverance and patience and discovered a successful treatment for diabetes.
Now a days a lot of people, old men & women in particular suffer a lot due to Diabetes.
1 – *Wheat 100 gm*
2 – *Barley 100 gm*
3 – *Black Seeds (kolunji) 100 gm*
Kolunji is *karunjeeraham* in tamil
_*Method of Preparation :*_
Put all the above ingredients in *5 cups of water*.
*Boil it for 10 minute* and put off the fire.
*Allow it to cool down by itself*.
When it has become cold, *filter* out the
seeds *and preserve water in a glass jug or bottle* .
_*How to use it?*_
Take *one small cup of this water every day early morning when your stomach is empty*.
Continue this *for 7 days*.
*Next week repeat the same but on alternate days*. With these 2 weeks of
treatment *you will wonder to see that you have become normal* and can eat
normal food without problem* .*
A request is to spread this to as many as possible so that others can also take benefit out of it.
*SINCE THESE ARE ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS, TAKING THEM IS NOT HARMFUL. SO THOSE WHO ARE SCEPTICAL ABOUT THIS TREATMENT MAY STILL TRY IT WITHOUT ANY HARM.*
Once again Thanks for sending this message ….save many from sugar….(diabetes) ..!
Forwarded as received…
This post is unsubtantiated s noted by
But apparently there is good new for diabetics. It may just require some lifestyle changes. Chek the following tedtalk on YouTube by a legit obesity doctor
And another of my favorite is the author of the book obesity code at https://youtu.be/Ekqq6DE8vGE
A quick Google search shows that it is the case for the m majority of gastritis sufferers.
According to the website
Although stress and spicy foods don’t cause gastritis and ulcers, they can make symptoms worse. Milk might provide brief relief, but it also increases stomach acid, which can worsen symptoms. Your doctor may recommend taking antacids or other drugs to reduce acid in the stomach.
I understand gastritis to be a serious problem for some people. And this suggestion triggered me a bit. Knowing from some of my friends and family who suffer from gastritis who actually experience it getting worse after drinking milk.
What I noticed what works for most of them is eating alkaline foods like leafy vegetables.
The following is a whatsapp post in a group I am in.
*Ketua Hospital Kerajaan Dr. Adib Rizvi, pakar buah pingang memohon agar semua Muslim menahan diri dari minum sebarang air gas. Terutama air gas yg sejuk dalam bulan Ramadan akan datang ini. Kata beliau setelah berpuasa sepanjang hari buah pinggang akan kekeringan, buah pinggang akan berhenti dengan meminum air sejuk ini. Semua minuman sejuk seperti 100plus, Coke, Pepsi, Fanta, Miranda, 7up, Sprite, Mountain Dew dan lain lain hendaklah dielakkan sepenuhnya. Adalah lebih baik minum jus buah buahan segar tanpa ais.*
*Sebelum bulan ramadan tiba, tolong sebarkan makluman ini kepada semua Muslim yang anda kenal, agar kita sihat untuk bribadat.*
A quick google seaech on dr adib rizvi showed that the person cited denied he ever posted nor stated such things.
Now I am not promoting drinking of softdrinks, as I personally have reduced drinking high carbohydrate foods and drinks when I can. But this info is just ridiculous stating the kidneys will stop functioning when you drink soft drinks. If it did you would ve dead in a few weeks.
It will however happen if you were dehydrated, soft drink whether hot or cold is better than being dehydrated.
Looking into it further though, some cola drinks have been found to cause kidney stones.
consumption of 2 or more cola beverages per day was associated with an increased risk of chronic kidney disease. We saw no increase in risk associated with consumption of noncola carbonated beverages, or with noncola caffeinated beverages.
Mostly attributed to the phosphoric acid in the drinks.
According to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3433753/
As an amateur endurance athlete, I often for ways to improve my Speed and stamina.
It seems to me that nutrition, training and technique is the key. Of course looking for the right ones are the challenges.
I do not consider doping as an option, considering the side effects that it may have on the body in the long term, as most drugs have negative side effects. In addition, I prefer not to put anything synthetic into my body.
Caffeine is interesting though, it is part of most people’s daily diet. I wont drink redbull or livita, I have seen some athletes drink this before an event. But i do drink the occasional tea.
Found article online that briefly describes how caffeine pills are allowable in certain doses, and the effective use of it. Generally the people who would benefit most are those who rarely take them. So dont take them during training, but take them for an event or competition.
I personally have tried drinking caffeine in the forms of tea and coke before a run. In my 70.3 ironman it was my first time I saw coke prepared at the water stations. I admit there is a boosting effect, I do push myself harder to the point I am faster for longer, but i noticed that it felt more hotter, and I was more thirsty, I felt more hotter as well. And my body does hurt more the day after the run.
If anyone wants to try to get a personal best, or to train faster, then go ahead. I personally might not do it. Plus I am not that competitive. But if you are, caffeine is the one legal way you can do it.