Sometimes I get frustrated seeing the two extremes… One one side is where people are careless and clicking on fake vouchers, on the other hand people can be fear mongering stopping you from clicking anything in your whatsapp. Case in point, this was shared a few times before, but it has recently has been shared again but this time with a supposedly valid link.
If you know anyone using WhatsApp you might pass on this. An IT colleague has advised that a video comes out tomorrow from WhatsApp called martinelli do not open it , it hacks your phone and nothing will fix it. Spread the word.
If you receive a message to update the Whatsapp to Whatsapp Gold, do not click !!!!!
Now said on the news this virus is difficult and severe
- The link provided works, but if you were to read there was no mention of the martinelli virus or whatsapp gold.
- A quick google search you can find that the martinelli threat is fake, while the whatsapp gold threat is real. As shown in the following link. https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/whatsapp-message-martinelli-video-security-how-safe-gold-facebook-latest-a8309091.html
I find it interesting that they shared a fake news with a valid news. I suspect that the perpetrators are lulling people into a fake sense of security by making people confused on what threats are real or not. E.g. martinelli is fake, so whatsapp gold threat must be fake too…
But the link is a nice touch, it makes people think it is a valid news, when its not. But if the copy paster read the news and thought about it, and even researched it themselves, they wouldn’t shared in the first place.
Its a nice thought though. People shared because they got scared and cared, I just wish they double checked before they shared.
I know its comparing animals but tempted to think these life extending factors can apply to human lifespan.
- frigid cold environments causes lower heartbeat and metabolism, can be achieved by living in cold places and doing not too much activities. Not sure if I am willing to move and live in a colder environment. Although I do love swimming relaxed in the cold water like a whale.
- As much low activities may be low heartbeat and low metabolism. Studies have shown that people who exercise tend to get lower resting heart rates than those who are sedentary. High intensity exercises may increase metabolism. I guess I can focus on long slow endurance when I do swimming, cycling and running.
- Fasting does lower metabolism. I don’t eat as frequent anymore. Fasting during the month of ramadhan may help once a year, but I practice intermittent and water fasting more often on other months throughout the year as well. Although I may lose weight on this and negate the size factor later…
- Evolution and Genetics, these is unfortunately the luck of the draw, interestingly, there are genetic therapies being developed, potentially we can identify the genes that are responsible for ageing and extend our life by altering them. Lets see if this happens in our life time.
- healthy immune system, these is also partly genetic, but also on how well we avoid getting sick and in addition recover from them. Medicine has come a long way in assisting us to these very well. Let’s just hope the germs don’t win the biological war against us.
- bigger size, partly genetic, partly nutrition. The bigger the organism the less predator they have, in addition, metabolism can be lower as the body does not need to produce heat too much to maintain body temperature. May also allow bigger animals to eat less per body weight, which lowers the metabolism again. Although my fasting might reduce my weight and thus reduce the size effect.
Sometumes i get fake voucher posts on my whatsapp. The following us a recent example.
Giant Supermarket is giving FREE $500 shopping voucher 🎁 to celebrate it’s 74th anniversary, click here to get yours : http://www.gıant.com/voucher Enjoy.
For me it’s obvious, but for most people it isn’t. You can actually notice that a certain letter doesn’t seem righ. In this case is the i is an ı.
In addition you can actually do a google search and find the official website to find its not.
Some one else in my groups posted a very informative article about these scams.
Dr. Anita Simon (M. D. Pediatrician). *Finally Good News For Diabetes.*
Hope you can forward the below message to help some one who needs this info…!
A woman (65) was diabetic for the last 20+ years and was taking insulin twice a day. She used the enclosed homemade medicine for a fortnight and now she is absolutely free of diabetes and taking all her food as normal including sweets.
The doctors have advised her to stop insulin and any other blood sugar controlling drugs. I request you all please circulate the email below to as many people as you can and let them take maximum benefit from it.
AS RECEIVED :
_*DR. TONY ALMEIDA*_
(Bombay Kidney Speciality expert) made the extensive experiments with perseverance and patience and discovered a successful treatment for diabetes.
Now a days a lot of people, old men & women in particular suffer a lot due to Diabetes.
1 – *Wheat 100 gm*
2 – *Barley 100 gm*
3 – *Black Seeds (kolunji) 100 gm*
Kolunji is *karunjeeraham* in tamil
_*Method of Preparation :*_
Put all the above ingredients in *5 cups of water*.
*Boil it for 10 minute* and put off the fire.
*Allow it to cool down by itself*.
When it has become cold, *filter* out the
seeds *and preserve water in a glass jug or bottle* .
_*How to use it?*_
Take *one small cup of this water every day early morning when your stomach is empty*.
Continue this *for 7 days*.
*Next week repeat the same but on alternate days*. With these 2 weeks of
treatment *you will wonder to see that you have become normal* and can eat
normal food without problem* .*
A request is to spread this to as many as possible so that others can also take benefit out of it.
*SINCE THESE ARE ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS, TAKING THEM IS NOT HARMFUL. SO THOSE WHO ARE SCEPTICAL ABOUT THIS TREATMENT MAY STILL TRY IT WITHOUT ANY HARM.*
Once again Thanks for sending this message ….save many from sugar….(diabetes) ..!
Forwarded as received…
This post is unsubtantiated s noted by
But apparently there is good new for diabetics. It may just require some lifestyle changes. Chek the following tedtalk on YouTube by a legit obesity doctor
And another of my favorite is the author of the book obesity code at https://youtu.be/Ekqq6DE8vGE
I read this post last year. Already debunk it, but it’s doing its rounds again. Its just so interesting people tend to spread fake news more easily the scarier they are.
Berhati-hati untuk tidak mengambil paracetamol yang ditulis P / 500. Ia adalah paracetamol yang baru, sangat putih dan berkilat, doktor menasihati bahawa ia mengandungi virus “Machupo”, dianggap sebagai salah satu virus yang paling berbahaya di dunia, dengan kematian yang tinggi kadar. Sila kongsi mesej ini, dengan semua orang di senarai kenalan anda serta keluarga, dan menyelamatkan nyawa atau nyawa …. Saya telah melakukan bahagian saya, kini giliran anda … ingat bahawa Tuhan membantu mereka yang membantu orang lain & diri sendiri!
Teruskan seperti yang diterima.
Usually accompanied by a pic of the Paracetamol, which is also known as Panadol or acetaminophen.
Quickly google machupo Virus and you will find all the news sites states the post is fake.
The following are the top links I found at the time of search.